IVR Payments is a phenomenal opportunity to start communicating with your customers the way they want to. Most IVR Payment implementations are driven by security (PCI). This is our core focus, however as we began rolling out new features such as SMS Text Payment Receipts new opportunities for our clients to engage their customers began to surface. We always think of the web and email as the primary digital marketing channels. However ever growing industry studies, some which are listed below, indicate that SMS Text messaging is one of the fastest growing preferred methods of communication by customers.
A recent study conducted by Datatel shows that clients across multiple industries offering IVR Payments experience a 65% SMS Text Payment receipt opt-in and growing. This is resulting in open opportunities to initiate a meaningful dialogue with your customers in the communication channel that they prefer. Higher customer satisfaction, more opportunities to engage your customers, and complimenting your customer records with meaningful and accurate customer contact information, are some of the results.
- 79% of companies believe customers want SMS/text support. (ICMI)
- 80% of people are currently using texting for business. (eWeek)
- One in five consumers is just as likely to prefer a text message from a business to a phone call. (ICMI)
- Over half of customers said they would be likely to text with a customer support agent. Similarly, 52 percent would prefer texting customer support over their current preferred form of communication. (eWeek)
- Over one-third of business professionals say they can’t go 10 minutes without responding to a text. (eWeek)
- Sales prospects who are sent text messages convert at a rate 40% higher than those who are not sent any text messages. (Velocify)
- Almost 25% of marketers are currently using text messaging. Over 65% of them report SMS as being
very effective. (ExactTarget)
- 75% of people would like to have offers sent to them via SMS. (Digital Marketing Magazinet)
Datatel’s IVR Payments Platform offers SMS/TXT Payment Receipts and customer engagement tools that can fuel your customer interactions to the next level.